Monday 22 July 2013

Summer Sketchbook Uploads



The Summer Break between College and University has allowed me spare time to look into different ways, of expressing my artistic practices. Particularly using a sketchbook again, in a daily drawing capacity.
  A cheap paperback book is a superb way of sketching, jotting down notes or thoughts that come to you, and due to its lightweight and compact nature its possible to take anywhere with you.

1) Study of Garden
Use of water colour pencils allowed an intense saturation of the paper.

 
 2) Study of my sister
I felt this study really caught her mannerisms, and the Chinese red paint charged it with her vivacious nature.




3) Self portrait
I find that a mixture of words and pictures can provide a better interpretation of an account than a linear account from a diary. Working in this way gave this situation power as the piece isn't completely explained.  I feel that this helped me understand my own situation better than if it was a stale repetition of events.
 

 
 4)Study of Bed  Room
Use of proportion was key, still life needs alternate ways of describing a scene. Used pen as measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment